Sales, and coupons, and freebies, OH MY!
Let’s start out with the title that hits all 3 categories: War of the Seasons, book 1: The Human, is on sale, has a coupon associated with it, and has a couple places you can get it for free (plus an associated short story)!
1. You can purchase The Human eBook on sale for only 99 cents wherever books are sold, BUT I actually see a little bit of a profit if you buy it directly from me (and you can still get it in any format for whatever eReader you’ve got + it’s DRM free): http://www.ailionora.com/shop/war-seasons-book-one-human/
2. In celebration of over 1/4 million reads of The Human on Wattpadd, here’s a coupon code for $2 off the ebooks for books 2 & 3 in the War of the Seasons trilogy (The Half-blood & The Hunter) on my website: WATTPAD2WOTS
3. Where can you get The Human for free, and why would you buy it if you can get it for free? You can read (not own) The Human for free here on Wattpad. You can also read one of the War of the Seasons short stories, Girl for free here on Wattpad too. The sticking point is, of course, you don’t actually own copies the stories, and you’ve got to have an internet connection to read them. For an opportunity to pick up a free digital copy of The Human, it’s currently a stretch goal on Don Bingle’s murder mystery kickstarter, Frame Shop. $5 gets you the eBook and any stretch goals (like The Human) reached.
~ ~ ~
1. You can purchase the eBook for Soothe the Savage Beast, just in time for Halloween, for only 99 cents! It has several really fantastic stories, like Carrie Ryan’s (NYT bestselling author of The Forest of Hands and Teeth) After the Cure, and Beth Revis’s (NYT bestselling author of Across the Universe) The Most Precious Memory. My own story in it is a zombie romance (yes you read that right, a zombie romance), but more on that below. You can get Soothe the Savage Beast on sale anywhere books are sold, but if you buy it directly from the publisher, we, the authors will actually see some royalties from it. Even better, when it comes from the publisher it’s any format you want and DRM free! (Sale ends on Halloween, so don’t delay) http://www.silenceinthelibrarypublishing.com/product/soothe-savage-beast/
2. For the freebie portion, I’ve actually got my story in Soothe the Savage Beast up on Wattpad for you to read for free. It’s titled For All Eternity, and as I’ve said it’s a zombie romance. I read it a couple weekends ago at Capclave, and there was hardly a dry eye in the room. http://www.wattpad.com/story/25089277-soothe-the-savage-beast
~ ~ ~
More sales, though these books are not mine (but if you like mine, you’ll love these). Currently you can get Rory Shay’s Elected and Vincent Morrone’s Vision of Shadows eBooks on sale for only 99 cents! You can purchase them anywhere, but remember if you purchase directly from the publisher, the writers see more royalties!
Elected: It’s the year 2185, and in two weeks, Aloy will turn eighteen and take her father’s place as president of the country. But to do so, she must masquerade as a boy to avoid violating the Eco-Accords, four treaties designed to bring the world back from the brink of environmental extinction. Aloy hopes to govern like her father, but she is inheriting a different country. The long concealed Technology Faction is stepping out of the shadows, and as turmoil grows within her country, cryptic threats also arrive from beyond their borders.
As she struggles to lead, Aloy maintains her cover by marrying a woman, meanwhile battling feelings for the boy who knows her secret—the boy who is somehow connected to her country’s recent upheaval. When assassination attempts add to the turmoil, Aloy doesn’t know whom to trust. She understood leadership required sacrifice. She just didn’t realize the sacrifice might be her life: http://www.silenceinthelibrarypublishing.com/product/elected-rori-shay/
Seventeen-year-old Bristol has never had a problem with the ghosts that float in and out of her life. It’s all the people with a pulse that confuse her.
After the death of her parents, Bristol’s life is thrown into chaos and she’s forced to move to Spirit, a small town where shadows are stirring. As she learns to navigate her new school and figures out how to keep her psychic abilities secret from her family, Bristol comes face to face with the boy who makes a regular appearance in her dreams: the gorgeous, possibly deadly, Payne McKnight. Soon she’ll find out if Payne will be the love of her life, or the end of it — and she has no idea which possibility scares her more.
And that’s not even the worst of it. Strange shadows are haunting her dreams, and they’re up to something that could put Bristol and the lives of everyone she loves in jeopardy: http://www.silenceinthelibrarypublishing.com/product/vision-shadows/
~ ~ ~
And now for more freebies:
1. You can read my flight school memoir Earning My Wings: A Mormon Woman’s Journey to Marine Corps Aviator, for free on Wattpad here. It’s not available anywhere else, so if you’d like to read it, that’s the place to do it! http://www.wattpad.com/story/15301854-earning-my-wings-a-mormon-woman%27s-journey-to
2. You’ve all surely seen the new Avengers: Age of Ultron trailer, but have you seen the Avengers: My Ultron Will Go On trailer? If not, it’s hilariously perfect and worth a look. Along very different lines, if you need some Avengers fanfic to tide you over until the movie… well, once upon a time I wrote one! It’s here, and takes place concurrently with the first Avengers film, and if you like Captain America, airplanes, explosions, gun fights, romance, Tony Stark being snarky, and swing dancing, then this story is for you! http://www.wattpad.com/story/9149173-it-don%27t-mean-a-thing-a-captain-america-avengers
~ ~ ~
Not free or on sale, but definitely worth noting are Megan O’Russell’s newly released The Tethering (if you like Harry Potter, then this is a must read for you! And it’s only $5!), and the cover for Athena’s Daughters vol 2 is out! I’m super excited for AD2 as it’s the first anthology I’ll be editing (i’ve helped produce a couple anthologies in the past, but this is the first one I’ll be a co-editor on). We had an open call, and y’all we received SO MANY good stories! And the internal artwork is just STUNNING! I absolutely cannot wait to share this book with y’all! The Kickstarter for Athena’s Daughters 2 will go in December, so keep an eye out!
The Tethering: All sixteen-year-old Jacob Evans wants is to win the heart of Emilia Gray, but with order in the magical world crumbling, war threatening, and Emilia’s boyfriend living across the hall, he may never have the chance.
Jacob Evans loses everything he has ever known and is tossed into a world of magic. The Dragons, a group of rebel wizards, are threatening to expose the existence of magic to humans. Jacob is determined to find a way to fit into Emilia’s family, but as his powers grow, so does the danger. With the death toll mounting, Jacob is accused of acts of rebel terrorism and must fight to stay in a world he’s only just beginning to discover.
When Emilia’s life is threatened, Jacob must risk everything to save her. Does he have the power to rescue her in time? And what could their survival cost? http://www.silenceinthelibrarypublishing.com/product/tethering-megan-orussell/
~ ~ ~
Last but not least, read a book you like? Please take a minute to go review it or at least rate it (e.g. on Goodreads you can leave up to 5 stars on a story without leaving a review and it helps with the books rating). And on the review, even if all you have to say is “I liked this story a lot!” that’s great!
Because here’s the deal, while I try not to read reviews of my books anymore because of reasons, a lot of people won’t even pick up a book or give it a chance if it hasn’t been reviewed by several people/doesn’t have ratings. So for those of you who have taken the time to review my work, thank you! For the rest of you, if you have a minute, would you mind? Ive even created links below to simplify it for you, depending on the title of mine you’ve read and the site you prefer (though if you want to rate/review on all of them, that’d be great!). Thank you!!!!
You guys are the best! Thanks!